APPROVED by IMC-Armenia Board in March, 16th 2012
As a professional business consultant and a member of the Institute of Consulting, I will behave with honesty and integrity in my own actions and in my interactions with colleagues, the organizations which I come into contact with, clients, the wider community, and the Institute.
In my personal management and leadership practice I will:
- strive for excellence at all times,
- remain accountable for my actions,
- disclose any personal interest which may affect my managerial decisions,
- safeguard confidential information and not seek personal advantage from it,
- act only within my level of competence and in accordance with the highest standards of professional behavior and performance,
- continue to develop professionally, and seek support if asked to act beyond my current level of capability,
- act reasonably and justifiably in identifying and resolving conflicts of values, including those of an ethical nature.
As a consultant and adviser I will:
- put client interests first, doing whatever it takes to serve them to the highest possible standards at all times, treat client information as confidential and will neither take personal advantage of privileged information gathered during an assignment, nor enable others to do so,
- consider for each potential new engagement the possibility of it creating a conflict of interest, or the perception of such a conflict, and, if such a conflict is identified, take all reasonable steps to protect the interests and confidentiality of each client,
- act independently and objectively, and exercise professional care to establish the facts of a situation and bring to bear an informed and experienced judgment refrain from encouraging unrealistic expectations,
- allow any action or recommendation made, if necessary, to be reviewed by my professional peers to confirm that I have acted in a proper way.
- continue to develop my business consulting competences and keep up-to-date with best practice.
In my management and leadership I will:
- support IMC-Armenia current and new member-colleagues to fully understand their responsibilities, areas of authority and accountability,
- act consistently and fairly when addressing any shortfall in performance or standards of behavior,
- foster a culture of openness and transparency in communications,
- respect the customs, practices and reasonable ambitions of others,
- ensure that I am aware of, and comply with all relevant legislation and regulations in the country where I am operating,
- respect social, environmental and wider corporate responsibility concerns, assessing the impact of my actions on the environment and society around me, and seeking to conserve resources wherever possible.
As a member of the IMC-Armenia I will:
- promote its mission, vision and values,
- uphold its integrity and good standing, and refrain from conduct which detracts from its reputation,
- promote its professional image and standing as a professional body
- observe the standards of conduct and practice as set out in this Code, noting that they may be reviewed and reissued from time to time, subject to IMC-Armenia members’ General Meeting approval,
- comply with all reasonable requests made by the IMC-Armenia and its Auditing Committee for information to assist an investigation into a possible breach of the Code.
As an IMC-Armenia member and designated representative of practice member I will:
- provide a working environment which enables IMC-Armenia members to comply with this Code,
- not willfully give IMC-Armenia false, inaccurate, misleading or incomplete information,
- ensure non-IMC-Armenia members within the practice support the need for professional standards and conduct applicable to the practice and to the profession,
- ensure all staff within the practice are aware of the practice’s obligations and required behavior relating to this Code,
- support members and non-members of the IMC-Armenia in undertaking continuing professional development,
- support the achievement of the mission, aims and objectives of the IMC-Armenia, and promote its reputation and standing as a professional body.
The commitment of the IMC-Armenia
The Institute is charged with supporting individuals whose collective impact is to enhance performance in small and large organizations across the governmental, private, public and voluntary sectors.
The IMC-Armenia undertakes to:
- encourage and support the lifelong development of Armenian consultants and advisers,
- raise the competency level of Armenian consultancy and advisory professionals,
- provide a platform where Armenian consultants, advisers and firms can meet and network with one another and with customers/buyers,
- collect and disseminate information, techniques and knowledge through support services and tools,
- influence employers, policy makers and opinion formers on consultancy issues where issues may be addressed in a frank, timely and effective manner,
- have regard for the physical and mental health, safety and well being of colleagues, recognizing their specific needs, pressures and problems they face,
- ensure that every individual is treated fairly and that matters of faith, conscience and diversity are respected,
- encourage and assist colleagues to develop their skills and progress their careers, valuing the contribution which they may make, and recognizing their achievements.
For the organization which employs me or with which I work in partnership, where it is within my power, authority or influence to do so, I will:
- seek to reconcile personal and corporate values,
- safeguard the reputation and assets of the organization,
- uphold lawful policies, practices and procedures and seek to enhance them in the interests of good management practice,
- act in a manner which supports the organization’s overall objectives and contributes to the achievement of targets set,
- apply all available remedies and procedures to address matters I perceive as improper or as falling below acceptable standards of professional practice.
In the interests of customers, suppliers, business partners and other stakeholders I will:
- safeguard all confidential and/or proprietary information that comes into my possession
- ensure that I properly understand their interests and respond to them in a balanced manner
- establish, maintain and develop business relationships based on mutual confidence and trust
- neither offer nor accept gifts, hospitality or services which could create, or imply, an improper or criminal obligation
- refrain from entering into any agreement or undertake any activity which is unlawful or anti-competitive
- ensure that agreements entered into or activities undertaken are consistent with the interests of my organization and demonstrate good management practice.
For the wider community I will:
- be honest, open and truthful in all external communications,
- advocate the interests of IMC-Armenia in any public events, e.g. speech, conference, interview, etc.
- not deteriorate the image of management consultant or advisor with my actions and behavior.